Honey Cashew Chicken with Ricegvadmin
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup dry-roasted cashews, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Combine chicken and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola and sesame oils. Add chicken mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Increase heat to high, and add broccoli and the next 4 ingredients (through red bell pepper). Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is done, stirring frequently. Stir in cashews.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve with rice.
Recipe By: Kate Parham, Honey Cashew Chicken with Rice.
Leave a Reply