Mediterranean Chicken Saladgvadmin
For the Marinade/Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups baby spinach or other salad greens
- 1/2 red onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted and halved)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4 pita bread rounds
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together the half cup of olive oil, a quarter cup of lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and ground black pepper.
Reserve half in a separate bowl for the dressing. Add the chicken breasts in the remaining half of the marinade and make sure they are fully coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour, but no more than 4 hours.
Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to approximately 400 F.
Grill the chicken on one side for about 5 minutes, flip, and grill for an additional 5 minutes or until it is cooked through and no longer pink.
Slice the chicken lengthwise.
In a separate bowl, toss together the baby spinach or other salad greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion, olives, and feta cheese. Pour on the dressing and toss together.
Assemble the salad on a platter and top with the sliced, grilled chicken, and toasted pita bread.
Recipe by: Mediterranean Chicken Salad